Administrative Department Staff


LTC Jared H. Norrell

11th President of Lyman Ward Military Academy

JaredNorrell.JPG

Hometown: Garland, TX
Education: Bachelor of Science, Psychology from North Georgia College, Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix
Military Background: Retired, US Army Infantry Officer, 24yrs of Service with 7 combat deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq.
Hobbies: Fishing and Hunting and Fox Hunting (Mounted Fox Hunting)
Favorite Quote: “That’s the whole challenge of life - to act with honor and hope and generosity, no matter what you’ve drawn. You can’t help when or what you were born, you may not be able to help how you die; but you can - and you should - try to pass the days between as a good man.”  Sam Damon― Anton Myrer, “Once an Eagle”
Family: Wife Debbie, daughter Audrey, and two Sons Rogan and Heath that attend LWMA.


Wynn Fletcher Director of Admissions Hometown: Montgomery, AL Joined the LWMA team in April of 2017 by accepting the Director of Admissions position. Prior to that he enjoyed a successful twenty plus year career in college baseball. Served as Head Coach at Faulkner University, Lipscomb University, and Central Alabama Community College. While at CACC, Coach Fletcher won the 2013 National Junior College Div 1 National Championship and was awarded the 2013 Diamond National Coach of The Year Award. Education: Faulkner University - Bachelor of Science Hobbies: Coaching, Hunting, Winning Favorite Quote: "A daily routine built on good habits is the difference that separates the most successful among us from everyone else!" Darren hardy, "The Compound Effect" Family: Married to Erin Fletcher. Son Tripp (12), Wyatt (7), and daughter Lena Faye (3). Started at LWMA on April 2017  

Wynn Fletcher

Director of Admissions

Hometown: Montgomery, AL

Joined the LWMA team in April of 2017 by accepting the Director of Admissions position. Prior to that he enjoyed a successful twenty plus year career in college baseball. Served as Head Coach at Faulkner University, Lipscomb University, and Central Alabama Community College. While at CACC, Coach Fletcher won the 2013 National Junior College Div 1 National Championship and was awarded the 2013 Diamond National Coach of The Year Award.
Education: Faulkner University - Bachelor of Science
Hobbies: Coaching, Hunting, Winning
Favorite Quote: "A daily routine built on good habits is the difference that separates the most successful among us from everyone else!" Darren hardy, "The Compound Effect"
Family: Married to Erin Fletcher. Son Tripp (12), Wyatt (7), and daughter Lena Faye (3).

Started at LWMA on April 2017

 

Jenifer Isbell Admissions Officer Hometown: Owensboro, KY My name is Jenifer Isbell, I am the Admission's Officer at Lyman Ward Military Academy.  I was born in Owensboro, KY then shortly after birth, my parents moved us to Alexander City, AL where I was raised and where I currently reside. Education: I am a Benjamin Russell High School Alumni, class of 1997.  I furthered my education with some basic classes at Central Alabama Community College and online studies for a paralegal certification. Hobbies: In my spare time, I love skincare and pampering which led me to become a Perfectly Posh, Independent Consultant. Favorite Quote: "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to Dance in the Rain. Family: I am married to Christopher Isbell and we have 2 out-going teenage children, Lexi, 16 and Brandon, 15 who keep us on our toes at all times.  I am my children's #1 fan with whatever they decide to conquer, I love cheering them on!  

Jenifer Isbell

Admissions Officer

Hometown: Owensboro, KY

My name is Jenifer Isbell, I am the Admission's Officer at Lyman Ward Military Academy.  I was born in Owensboro, KY then shortly after birth, my parents moved us to Alexander City, AL where I was raised and where I currently reside.
Education: I am a Benjamin Russell High School Alumni, class of 1997.  I furthered my education with some basic classes at Central Alabama Community College and online studies for a paralegal certification.
Hobbies: In my spare time, I love skincare and pampering which led me to become a Perfectly Posh, Independent Consultant.
Favorite Quote: "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to Dance in the Rain.
Family: I am married to Christopher Isbell and we have 2 out-going teenage children, Lexi, 16 and Brandon, 15 who keep us on our toes at all times.  I am my children's #1 fan with whatever they decide to conquer, I love cheering them on!

 

Cole Leonard Director of Development Hometown: Dacula, GA Education: BA- Public Administration (2015) Masters of Education in Administration of Higher Education (2017) Hobbies: SCUBA Diving, Offshore fishing, Auburn sports Favorite Quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” –Wayne Gretzky My name is Cole Leonard and I am the new Director of Development for Lyman Ward Military Academy. I am originally from Dacula, Georgia, but have found Auburn, Alabama to be home for the last six years. I have received a BA in Public Administration and an M. Ed in Administration of Higher Education, both from Auburn University. Personally, I greatly enjoy SCUBA diving and offshore fishing, as some of my greatest times in life have been on the water. I am an avid sports fan and follow Auburn sports and the Atlanta Falcons on a regular basis. My favorite quote is “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” by Wayne Gretzky. This quote has always stood out to me because it demonstrates the importance of going out into the world and experiencing new things. Life is an adventure, and I choose to make the most of every opportunity.

Cole Leonard

Director of Development

Hometown: Dacula, GA
Education: BA- Public Administration (2015) Masters of Education in Administration of Higher Education (2017)
Hobbies: SCUBA Diving, Offshore fishing, Auburn sports
Favorite Quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” –Wayne Gretzky

My name is Cole Leonard and I am the new Director of Development for Lyman Ward Military Academy. I am originally from Dacula, Georgia, but have found Auburn, Alabama to be home for the last six years. I have received a BA in Public Administration and an M. Ed in Administration of Higher Education, both from Auburn University. Personally, I greatly enjoy SCUBA diving and offshore fishing, as some of my greatest times in life have been on the water. I am an avid sports fan and follow Auburn sports and the Atlanta Falcons on a regular basis. My favorite quote is “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” by Wayne Gretzky. This quote has always stood out to me because it demonstrates the importance of going out into the world and experiencing new things. Life is an adventure, and I choose to make the most of every opportunity.


Zachery Loyd Accounts Payable Hometown: Vinita, OK Growing up I moved around a great deal, so I don't really have a home-town. My adopted hometown would be Vinita Oklahoma. A small town probably about size of Camp Hill AL. Education: I hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting as well as an associate degree in pre-engineering. Two things I find incredibly interesting. Number one is magnets. I think they are the most fascinating and incredibly interesting thing on earth. It was my interest in magnets that first pushed me towards engineering. But my love of business pushed me towards accounting. Hobbies: are rather boring. But I love to read and learn new things. My favorite book is called Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill. Favorite Quote: Sun Tzu the art of war: Opportunities multiply as they are seized. Started at LWMA on 1 Jul 2017

Zachery Loyd

Accounts Payable

Hometown: Vinita, OK
Growing up I moved around a great deal, so I don't really have a home-town. My adopted hometown would be Vinita Oklahoma. A small town probably about size of Camp Hill AL.
Education: I hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting as well as an associate degree in pre-engineering. Two things I find incredibly interesting. Number one is magnets. I think they are the most fascinating and incredibly interesting thing on earth. It was my interest in magnets that first pushed me towards engineering. But my love of business pushed me towards accounting.
Hobbies: are rather boring. But I love to read and learn new things. My favorite book is called Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill.
Favorite Quote: Sun Tzu the art of war: Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
Started at LWMA on 1 Jul 2017

Anne Pitts Alumni/Librarian Hometown: Dadeville, AL Education: I worked for two years after Graduating from Dadeville High School, then attended Alexander City State Junior College for one year before continuing my working career.  I worked at our local hospital in Dadeville for 19 years before coming to Lyman Ward and have been here since 1989. Hobbies: include counted cross-stitch, following Dadeville Youth sports (of which I was a 35-year volunteer) and working with my High School class Reunion committee. Favorite Quote: things my mother said many times as I was growing up: 1.  Remember, there is good in all people, you have to look harder to find in some than in others.  2.  If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. Started at LWMA in 1989

Anne Pitts

Alumni/Librarian

Hometown: Dadeville, AL
Education: I worked for two years after Graduating from Dadeville High School, then attended Alexander City State Junior College for one year before continuing my working career.  I worked at our local hospital in Dadeville for 19 years before coming to Lyman Ward and have been here since 1989.
Hobbies: include counted cross-stitch, following Dadeville Youth sports (of which I was a 35-year volunteer) and working with my High School class Reunion committee.
Favorite Quote: things my mother said many times as I was growing up: 1.  Remember, there is good in all people, you have to look harder to find in some than in others.  2.  If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it.
Started at LWMA in 1989

MAJ Joe Watson Director of Facilities and Property Hometown: Camp Hill, AL Major Joe Watson has 37 years of service to The Academy as an instructor, coach, recruiter, and facilities director. Education: Graduate of Auburn University in Education and originally served as Lyman Ward’s Band Director for 27 years. He is a resident of Camp Hill and has served as an elected official and member of the town’s fire department. Hobbies: Joe’s interests include hunting, gardening, and Auburn sports. Family: MAJ Watson and his wife Becky Gibson Watson have two daughters and a grandson. Started at LWMA in 1980

MAJ Joe Watson

Director of Facilities and Property

Hometown: Camp Hill, AL
Major Joe Watson has 37 years of service to The Academy as an instructor, coach, recruiter, and facilities director.
Education: Graduate of Auburn University in Education and originally served as Lyman Ward’s Band Director for 27 years. He is a resident of Camp Hill and has served as an elected official and member of the town’s fire department.
Hobbies: Joe’s interests include hunting, gardening, and Auburn sports.
Family: MAJ Watson and his wife Becky Gibson Watson have two daughters and a grandson.
Started at LWMA in 1980

Pam Webber Director of Information Technology, Computing Class Instructor Hometown: New Rochelle, NY Education:  BS in Computer Science from Washington University in St. Louis, and a Certified Financial Planner ™. Employed in the Information Technology field for over 14 years.  Skills include computer programming, analysis of business needs, and implementation of office infrastructure. Favorite Quote: “If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse”. Family: Three children, 2 Boys and 1 Girl.  The boys, William and James are currently enrolled students at Lyman Ward. Started at LWMA on 1 Aug 2017

Pam Webber

Director of Information Technology, Computing Class Instructor

Hometown: New Rochelle, NY
Education:  BS in Computer Science from Washington University in St. Louis, and a Certified Financial Planner ™. Employed in the Information Technology field for over 14 years.  Skills include computer programming, analysis of business needs, and implementation of office infrastructure.
Favorite Quote: “If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse”.
Family: Three children, 2 Boys and 1 Girl.  The boys, William and James are currently enrolled students at Lyman Ward.
Started at LWMA on 1 Aug 2017

Kimberly Wicker Front Office Manager/Accounts Receivable Hometown: Born in Columbus, GA Resides in Opelika, AL Education:  Associate in Applied Science, Over 20 years of business operations with 10 of those in education Favorite Quote: “The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.” Family: 3 children, 2 grandchildren Started at LWMA on Jun 19 2017

Kimberly Wicker

Front Office Manager/Accounts Receivable

Hometown: Born in Columbus, GA Resides in Opelika, AL
Education:  Associate in Applied Science, Over 20 years of business operations with 10 of those in education
Favorite Quote: “The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell.”
Family: 3 children, 2 grandchildren
Started at LWMA on Jun 19 2017

 

LWMA-snow.JPG