Academic Department Faculty 2017-2018


DSC_1120.JPG
JCOgletree.JPG

LTC Douglas Reynolds, US Army Retired

Dean of Academics

Hometown: Columbia, SC
Education: University of South Carolina - BA Political Science    Louisiana State University - MA Military History
Military Background: Retired US Army Lieutenant Colonel - Combat Veteran of OIF  - over 25 years of service
Hobbies: Running / reading
Favorite Quote: "Learning humanizes character and does not permit it to be cruel"
Family: Wife Charissa / Tyler, Cody (2 sons) daughter Launa

 

CHIEF Jeremy (J.C.) Ogletree, Retired

Assistant Dean of Academics

President Academic Boosters, STEM Director, Senior Science Instructor, Athletic Director

Hometown: Montgomery, AL
Education: BA Business Administration, Columbia Southern University.  MA Environmental Science University of Alabama
Military Background: Law Enforcement – Retired Chief of Police
Hobbies: traveling, volunteering, community involvement, Professional Development
Favorite Quote: “When I was young my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down “Happy”.   They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”  - Unknown

Terry Arwood Senior Math Instructor Hometown: Opelika, AL Education: BS Business Administration Military Background: US Navy, Petty Officer 2nd Class Hobbies: baseball, football, fishing, weekend cooking Favorite Quote: “Ambition is the root from which all growth of nobleness proceeds” Family: Married, two children

Terry Arwood

Senior Math Instructor

Hometown: Opelika, AL
Education: BS Business Administration
Military Background: US Navy, Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hobbies: baseball, football, fishing, weekend cooking
Favorite Quote: “Ambition is the root from which all growth of nobleness proceeds”
Family: Married, two children

Toni Baker Administrative Assistant to the Dean Hometown: Favorite Quote: “Dreams grow if you grow.” Zig Ziglar Family: Widow

Toni Baker

Administrative Assistant to the Dean

Hometown:

Favorite Quote: “Dreams grow if you grow.” Zig Ziglar
Family: Widow

LTC John Cole (retired) Senior Army Instructor Hometown: Florence, AL Education: BA Geography - Auburn University / MA Leadership & Management – Webster University Military Background: US Army 1994-2015, Field Artillery Officer – Combat Veteran of Iraq Hobbies: Shooting Sports, Gun & Knife collecting, hunting, reading, travel with family Favorite Quote: “doing right aint got no end” - Outlaw Josey Wales Family: Wife, Michelle / Kids: Mary 12, Gabrielle 8

LTC John Cole (retired)

Senior Army Instructor

Hometown: Florence, AL
Education: BA Geography - Auburn University / MA Leadership & Management – Webster University
Military Background: US Army 1994-2015, Field Artillery Officer – Combat Veteran of Iraq
Hobbies: Shooting Sports, Gun & Knife collecting, hunting, reading, travel with family
Favorite Quote: “doing right aint got no end” - Outlaw Josey Wales
Family: Wife, Michelle / Kids: Mary 12, Gabrielle 8


Dorinda Cooper English Instructor Hometown: Montgomery, AL Education: BA English & Psychology – Spring Hill College / MA English – Indiana State University Hobbies: reading, horseback riding, traveling Favorite Quote: “Success is not final; failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts” - Winston Churchill Family: Husband: Michael, Son: Ryan

Dorinda Cooper

English Instructor

Hometown: Montgomery, AL
Education: BA English & Psychology – Spring Hill College / MA English – Indiana State University
Hobbies: reading, horseback riding, traveling
Favorite Quote: “Success is not final; failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts” - Winston Churchill
Family: Husband: Michael, Son: Ryan

Amy Giddens Language Arts Instructor Hometown: Education: I studied education at Auburn University in Montgomery.  I currently hold a B.S in Psychology, M.Ed in Special Education, Ed. Sp. in 6-12 Cooperative Teaching, and Certification in Language Arts 6-12 Hobbies: Camping and traveling Favorite Quote: “It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities”. Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Family: I am married to Rushin Giddens. He works for ATT as a manager/supervisor for the buried fiber division. He holds a B.S. Aerospace Engineering from Auburn University. I have three children, Zachary Giddens, Cade Giddens, and Beth Lowman.

Amy Giddens

Language Arts Instructor

Hometown:
Education: I studied education at Auburn University in Montgomery.  I currently hold a B.S in Psychology, M.Ed in Special Education, Ed. Sp. in 6-12 Cooperative Teaching, and Certification in Language Arts 6-12
Hobbies: Camping and traveling
Favorite Quote: “It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities”. Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Family: I am married to Rushin Giddens. He works for ATT as a manager/supervisor for the buried fiber division. He holds a B.S. Aerospace Engineering from Auburn University. I have three children, Zachary Giddens, Cade Giddens, and Beth Lowman.

George Hall Math & Spanish Instructor Hometown: Auburn, AL Education: BS Math, Spanish – Auburn University, MS Public Administration, Accounting Hobbies: family and traveling Favorite Quote: “Your focus determines your reality” – Star Wars, Episode I Family: Married, two sons: 21-year-old USAF enlisted, 17-year-old Auburn HS Senior

George Hall

Math & Spanish Instructor

Hometown: Auburn, AL
Education: BS Math, Spanish – Auburn University, MS Public Administration, Accounting
Hobbies: family and traveling
Favorite Quote: “Your focus determines your reality” – Star Wars, Episode I
Family: Married, two sons: 21-year-old USAF enlisted, 17-year-old Auburn HS Senior


Joseph W. Jones Senior History Instructor Hometown: Seale, AL Education: BA History – Auburn    MA History - Jacksonville Military Background: USMC Infantry Hobbies: Hunting & Fishing Favorite Quote: “Cross the Rubicon” – Julius Caesar Family: Married to Rebecca.  Two boys: Harrison 9, Morgan 7.  One girl: Camille

Joseph W. Jones

Senior History Instructor

Hometown: Seale, AL
Education: BA History – Auburn    MA History - Jacksonville
Military Background: USMC Infantry
Hobbies: Hunting & Fishing
Favorite Quote: “Cross the Rubicon” – Julius Caesar
Family: Married to Rebecca.  Two boys: Harrison 9, Morgan 7.  One girl: Camille

1SG Lee A. Kolb JROTC Army Instructor Hometown: Damiansville, IL Education: AA Georgia Military Military Background: 23 years active duty, Signal Corps Hobbies: Outdoors, hunting, Bass fishing Favorite Quote: “Leave no one behind” – Unknown Family: Married, three children, 8 grandchildren

1SG Lee A. Kolb

JROTC Army Instructor

Hometown: Damiansville, IL
Education: AA Georgia Military
Military Background: 23 years active duty, Signal Corps
Hobbies: Outdoors, hunting, Bass fishing
Favorite Quote: “Leave no one behind” – Unknown
Family: Married, three children, 8 grandchildren

Charissa Reynolds College and Career Counselor - BETA Club Hometown: Dadeville, AL Education: BS Health Sciences – San Diego State University    / Certified Etiquette Instructor from the American School of Protocol Hobbies: raising butterflies with daughter, reading, being Mom Favorite Quote: “You can’t reach what is in front of you until you let go of what is behind you.”  - Unknown Family: Husband, Doug – 2 boys: Tyler and Cody   1 girl: Launa

Charissa Reynolds

College and Career Counselor - BETA Club

Hometown: Dadeville, AL
Education: BS Health Sciences – San Diego State University    / Certified Etiquette Instructor from the American School of Protocol
Hobbies: raising butterflies with daughter, reading, being Mom
Favorite Quote: “You can’t reach what is in front of you until you let go of what is behind you.”  - Unknown
Family: Husband, Doug – 2 boys: Tyler and Cody   1 girl: Launa


Brandi Saffold Junior School Teacher Hometown: Alexander City, AL Education: BS Early Childhood Education, Emmanuel College, Franklin Springs, GA Hobbies: reading / kayaking Favorite Quote: “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford Family: Husband: Ben   one girl: Maddy   one boy: Gunner

Brandi Saffold

Junior School Teacher

Hometown: Alexander City, AL
Education: BS Early Childhood Education, Emmanuel College, Franklin Springs, GA
Hobbies: reading / kayaking
Favorite Quote: “Anyone can give up; it is the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford
Family: Husband: Ben   one girl: Maddy   one boy: Gunner