Annual Giving Fund
The goal of the Annual Fund is to raise funds to support the cadets and the mission of Lyman Ward Military Academy.
A successful Annual Fund means LWMA can continue to provide the best in Academics, Leadership, and Athletics, structured on a foundation of moral and ethical values developing young men of integrity, competence, and excellence who are prepared for the work of life.
The Annual Fund is an ongoing giving campaign that raises much needed funds for every program of the Academy. Money raised through the Annual Fund enhances our cadets' education and experience while at Lyman Ward.
Annual participation is vital to our sustainability. Every gift no matter the size makes a difference for our cadets. By giving to the Annual Fund, you are making an investment in the education of every cadet. Your gift sends a message that you believe in the purpose and program offered at Lyman Ward Military Academy.
Our Annual Fund goal for 2014-2015 is $175,000. It is vital that we reach our goal for this fiscal year. Foundations, corporations, and major donors base their support on the level of support shown for the school by families, alumni, faculty, staff, and friends.
Lyman Ward relies on the support and involvement of the entire Lyman Ward Community. We seek 100% participation from each of our constituency groups.
- Board of Trustees
- Faculty and Staff
- Parents and Grandparents of Current Cadets
- Alumni Parents and Grandparents of Alumni
- Friends, Businesses, Corporations, Foundations
A yearly gift of $1,000 or more to the Annual Fund provides leadership support to the school. Leadership level gifts are an investment in the Academy's financial security. Your gift, regardless of the amount, is appreciated and makes a significant difference in the life of a Lyman Ward cadet. Giving levels are determined by the total amount of gifts and pledge payments made during the fiscal year, July 1st - June 30th.
|$10,000 and Above *||FOUNDERS SOCIETY|
|$5,000 - $9,999 *||PRESIDENT'S SOCIETY|
|$1,000 - $4,999 *||HONOR CLUB|
|Up to $999||RANGERS|
* Leadership Level Gifts
Your gift can be designated to any of our Family of Funds.
- Scholarships - Total or partial tuition assistance
- Academics - Technology upgrades, library, classroom, and program resource materials
- Athletics - Purchase and replace equipment and supplies
- Unrestricted - To be used where it is needed most providing support for immediate operational needs and ongoing improvements to the full program
- Personal Checks or Money Orders may be mailed to:
- Lyman Ward Military Academy
- P. O. Drawer 550
- Camp Hill, AL 36850
- Pay using Visa or MasterCard, call the Administrative Office (256) 281-3295
- Pay online through our Website, donatenow.lwma.org
- Many companies nationwide have matching gift programs. If you or your spouse works for one of these companies, your donation to Lyman Ward Annual Fund could more than double. Please consult your company’s Human Resource Department to secure the appropriate paper work that can be submitted when you send in your payment or pledge commitment. Our Administrative Office will handle the processing. You will be recognized for the value of your gift plus any match.
- Appreciated property such as stock or real estate can be gifted to the Academy. After the transfer of securities or property is complete, the gift is available for immediate use by the Academy. The securities are sold and the value is credited to the Annual Fund. Your charitable deduction is determined by the fair market value of the asset on the date of the transfer to Lyman Ward. You will receive an acknowledgement from the Academy describing your gift, the value, and the date of receipt for your tax records.
Gifts in honor or memory of someone are a great way of showing your love and appreciation for someone while supporting Lyman Ward. Designate who you wish your gift to be in honor or memory of and include the name and address to whom you wish the acknowledgement sent.
If you wish to give and remain anonymous, your request will be honored.
As you make your plans for your charitable gifts this year, please make Lyman Ward Military Academy a priority. Your contributions will make a significant difference to our cadets immediately and in the years to come.
"I would invest my last dollar in boys such as these" - Dr. Lyman Ward